The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month. ~ Henry Van Dyke

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

ASSIGNMENT 1 - Something About Me

...............I am a very considerate person. I was like a mom to my younger brother and sister because my mother worked full-time. It was my responsibility to make sure their homework was done, they ate dinner, took a bath and got to bed on time. I always had to put others first which is a habit I haven't been able to break. I never considered this a bad characteristic until I realized that people were taking advantage of my kindness. I try to put myself first these days but I often get an overwhelming feeling of selfishness. I respect people who are selfish because I think it requires a strong sense of self-esteem but I never want to be that person. I would like to find a happy medium so wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jiseon said...

Hi Kimberley,

I think we all know the importance of moderation but it is quite difficult not to do something excessively. Good luck! :)

Kim said...

I agree but everything in life is worth working for. Challenges make us stronger and better people in the end.

Hyun Jimi said...

Hi Kimberley,
Sometimes I envy people who are selfish but I don't want to be like them. And I understand what you trying to say.