The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month. ~ Henry Van Dyke

Sunday, April 5, 2009

ASSIGNMENT 5 - My Hobbies

..............When I free time, I enjoy doing many different kinds of things. I spend most of my free time these days cooking. I surf the internet for recipes and then cook them. My family appreciates my effort even though the food isn't overly delicious sometimes. I also spend some of my free time doing pottery. I just finished making a set of soju cups, and I'm going to start making a set of dishes next week. I would like to spend more time doing pottery, but I'm too busy doing other things. Another thing I like to do is read. If I'm not too tired at night, I like to lie in bed and read. I often read suspense novels and it's hard to put it down and go to bed. I sometimes end up staying up reading all night if the book is really good, but I try not to do that often. These days I've started taking up scrapbooking which isn't popular in Korea. Now that spring is here I'm hoping to get out more and go for picnics which is my most favorite thing to do when I have free time. Free time is not plentiful becasue I have a full-time job and a family however I always manage to fit one of these into my busy schedule every day.

(That's my painting in the background.)

3 comments:

Jiseon said...

Your painting looks great!!! :)

I think we should make free time even we are all busy. This is good for us because if we do not have any hobbies, we will be crazy. If we don't loiter, we can find out enough free time to do something we like.

Hyun Jimi said...

Pottery? Sounds interesting!
I think you are a talented person.
How about post picture of soju cups?I want to see your work.^^

Kim said...

Okay. I'll take a picture of my poor soju cups tomorrow when I go. (*^^*)